We base our business relationships on trust, transparency, and accountability. At Kimberly-Clark, we prohibit bribery in all business dealings, with governments and the private sector, in every country around the world. We:
- Never offer, promise to provide, or give anything of value to anyone in order to gain or maintain an improper business advantage
- Prohibit even small facilitation payments, which are payments to government officials to expedite an administrative action, such as securing a permit, except in extraordinary circumstances where our safety is at risk
- Do not ask a third party or supplier to do something that we, ourselves are prohibited from doing
- Complete due diligence on third parties and suppliers and require anti-corruption certifications where appropriate
- Do not provide business gratuities, including gifts or entertainment, to government officials or their families that could be used to influence a business decision
- Comply with the U.S. Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, the U.K. Bribery Act, and all applicable anti-corruption and bribery laws in all countries in which we operate
Further, all Kimberly-Clark suppliers should strive to provide a workplace free of bribery and corruption, and should prohibit the exchange of money or anything of value to or from anyone, including government officials, to influence actions or to obtain an improper advantage. Kimberly-Clark expects its suppliers to comply with all applicable laws relating to bribery, corruption, business gratuities, money laundering, kickbacks, and fraud at all times.
For more information on Kimberly-Clark’s policies, visit the Kimberly-Clark Code of Conduct which is posted on our external website and can be shared freely with suppliers and others.